...what do you think?
The school will be on the existing Abbots Lane school site and will replace the current Abbots Lane and Junior school (on Penymynydd Road) These are the key facts from the Flintshire County Council website - are you happy that the designs match up?:
- New build Primary School to accommodate 315 Full Time Pupils and a 45 FTE place Nursery on the Abbott’s Lane site.
- Design of the school includes: Classroom for Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2; Hall and Studio facilities; community room; grassed sports field area; multi-use sports pitch; habitat and recreational areas; improved staff and visitor car parking and drop off zone for parents/carers.
- Increased staff and visitor car parking with dedicated drop off zone for parents/carers.
- Future proofed design to accommodate classrooms extensions should there an increase of learners in the area.
- Thoughtful school design to blend into the community.
The full planning application with designs, interior layouts and environmental impact are on the Flintshire website here >>>
There is not currently a transport plan other than the provision for drop off spaces within the car park. The school is currently conducting a survey about it - respond here
The designs are in a pre-application consultation phase before they are submitted to planning. If you have comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass them onto the schools team and councillors.
This is a video of the exterior: