You are invited to a very important public meeting.
Wednesday 27th September 7:00pm - 9:00pm
There is a lot going on - some is really good for the village and some threatens the very survival of our village, as well all know it. This is a chance to hear, first hand, the plans for...
1. The New School
The results of the feedback on the design and first sight of the traffic survey results (hopefully).
2. The Old School / Institute
What happens to the old school site?
3. Hanson Cement
Plans are in for a major upgrade to the site. How could it affect us?
4. Planning Applications
We will explain why we seem to be under constant threat and why this is nothing to do with the well publicised national 'housing shortage' - it's to do with a loophole in Welsh planning law.
We currently have planning applications for close to 300 houses in the planning system:
- Redrow (186 houses) - refused at committee, awaiting a public inquiry - this is the last meeting before that inquiry
- Hawarden Rd (32 houses) - refused at committee - what next?
- Rhos Road (40 houses) - refused at committee, approved on appeal - now we have the detail and we can comment now
- Rhos Road (36 apartments) - open for comments now.
- Melrose Close (5 houses) - has permission, so what's happening?
5. Local Development Plan
Flintshire have published their strategy for the next 15 years including how many houses and 'where' - we will share this information along with (hopefully) the first assessment of the other sites around the village and how many fit in with the plan.
Please come along, listen, share your views and experiences and get involved with helping to protect our village life and get involved with how it changes - hopefully for the better!